Training & workshops
1 London Wall Place, London, EC2Y 5AU
What every trustee should know
This full-day course for charity trustees, presented in association with chartered accountants and tax advisers haysmacintyre and law firm Farrer & Co will cover a wide range of investment, legal and accounting topics.
What information do you need as a trustee and what are your legal responsibilities? This session will provide a comprehensive summary of trustees’ duties and responsibilities and will cover issues such as:
- The framework within which charities operate
- The legal structures used by charities, the regulation of charities, the role of the Charity Commission and the public benefit requirement
- Trustees’ duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities, and the role of the chairperson
- Responsibilities for identifying and managing risk
- Charity accounting: the accounting and reporting framework, unravelling the jargon, preparation of accounts, ensuring you receive the right financial information, the role of trustees and audit committees
- Charity funds, investments and banking
- Fundraising: the ground rules, the role of professionals and corporate support
- Trading: the ground rules and the use of subsidiary companies
- Recent regulatory developments
- Governance best practice.
Please note this event has a cost to attend of £50 per person.
Date and Venue
1 London Wall Place, London , EC2Y 5AU