Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 30 September
US employment data will be on markets’ radar this week. In the UK, opposition parties consider their moves in the wake of last week’s Supreme Court ruling
- Equity markets were lower following suggestions late last week that the US was considering capital controls against China: a subsequent US Treasury note denied such moves were being considered “at this time”.
- Europe’s weaker data came under the spotlight.
- This week markets will be watching more global PMI data releases and US employment figures due on Friday.
- Chinese markets will be closed for a week from tomorrow (1 October).
- In the UK, opposition parties consider their next moves after last week’s Supreme Court ruling, with sterling lower as markets struggle to predict outcomes.
This article is issued by Cazenove Capital which is part of the Schroders Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. Limited, 1 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
This document may include forward-looking statements that are based upon our current opinions, expectations and projections. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements.
All data contained within this document is sourced from Cazenove Capital unless otherwise stated.