Strategy & economics
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 2 December
- Equity markets ended last week higher than they started, and bond yields were also slightly higher.
- We have global Purchasing Managers' data releases this week, with the Chinese and Japanese figures already showing a stronger-than-forecast pickup in November in both manufacturing and services.
- Other big economies' data will be published on Wednesday. It appears momentum is improving from the flash readings already seen.
- US employment data is released on Friday where a rebound is expected from the weaker payrolls number seen in October.
- In the UK opinion polls continue to show a lead for the Conservatives. It is generally accepted that a lead of 8% is required to gain an outright majority. We have Donald Trump in the UK for the NATO meeting at the end of the week - expect all political parties to have a view.
Issued in the Channel Islands by Cazenove Capital which is part of the Schroders Group and is a trading name of Schroders (C.I.) Limited, licensed and regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission for banking and investment business; and regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission. Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. This document may include forward-looking statements that are based upon our current opinions, expectations and projections. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. All data contained within this document is sourced from Cazenove Capital unless otherwise stated.