To ensure that this website can be accessed and used effectively by everyone, we have followed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2, published by the international standards organization W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
The guidelines include:
- Using meaningful ALT text for all images to provide descriptive text;
- Using descriptive hyperlink text;
- Avoiding the use of frames, which are difficult for special browsers to interpret;
- Using an easy to read font type, size and colour;
- Using HTML tables to only display tabular data.
Changing text size
The site is best viewed at the screen resolution 1024 x 768. Visitors who wish to can alter the font size on the screen to make it easier to read:
- If you are using a wheel mouse: hold down the CTRL key and scroll the wheel on the mouse. This will alter the size of the text in your browser;
- If you are using Internet Explorer: go to View, click on Text Size and select your preferred font size;
- If you are using any other type of browser: there will be a similar option to change the size of the text. Use your browser's Help function if you cannot locate this.
Web browser recommendations
The following web browser and personal computer (PC) settings are recommended to properly view this web site.
Please consult your particular web browser or PC operating system manual for further help with these settings.
Our site is designed using the latest technology standards, such as cascading style sheets, to deliver information efficiently and in the most accessible way. The site has been designed and tested to support a wide variety of web browsers and versions.
However, you may experience formatting problems on a small number of older browser versions and we therefore recommend that you use the latest available version of your particular web browser software. You can usually check which version you have by selecting the ‘About’ option from your browser's 'Help' menu.
As well as using the latest version, we also encourage all users to regularly visit their browser provider and download the latest security updates. This will ensure the safe and correct functioning of your browser software.