“Entrepreneurs: the hunt for talent”
“Finding and keeping talent is the single most important aspect of starting and growing a business,” says Sahar Hashemi, author and co-founder of Coffee Republic, the UK’s first New York style chain of coffee shops.
“You can get your sites sorted out, and all of your suppliers – but then comes the issue of staff. And it’s the most vital part of the process.”
Sahar was the key speaker at the latest of Cazenove Capital’s Thoughts on Enterprise event, alongside fellow panellists Gautam Sahgal of human resources firm Perkbox and solicitor Ray Wann of Sheridans.
In this video, taken from the event, all three share unique insights into different aspects of attracting and retaining talent. They cover:
- The practical issues involved in identifying potential recruits and interviewing them
- The extent to which you should rely on CVs and applicants’ prior experience and qualifications
- How to create “high freedom culture” where staff can gravitate toward roles best matching their skillsets
- How to make work meaningful for all employees
What is Thoughts on Enterprise?
Cazenove Capital has a long history of helping entrepreneurs at many different stages of building successful businesses. Our entrepreneurs’ network brings together a wide range of business founders, investors and others in related professions who meet regularly and benefit from the sharing of their ideas, experiences and expertise. Our Thoughts on Enterprise series of events is part of this network. if you would like to know more, please email Robert Snuggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicholas Sanderson at email@example.com
- Coronavirus outbreak: tracking the economic and financial market impact
- Janet Mui: weekly economic update 21 February
- COP26: Pressure growing for step change in climate policy
- Economic infographic: A view of the global economy in February 2020
- Why global cities could be more valuable than high-performing tech stocks
- Business owners warned of capital gains tax increase in March 2020 Budget
This article is issued by Cazenove Capital which is part of the Schroders Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. Limited, 1 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
This document may include forward-looking statements that are based upon our current opinions, expectations and projections. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements.
All data contained within this document is sourced from Cazenove Capital unless otherwise stated.