Strategy & economics
Kieron Launder: Monday markets - the week ahead on 20 May
- Last week saw European equity markets gaining while the US lagged, held back by the tech sector in particular
- Emerging markets underperformed with investors focused on the weakening of the Chinese currency: given the domestic slowdown in China, the authorities may be tempted to let the currency weaken further
- European Elections occur later this week, but we will not get results until Sunday. Populist parties are not expected to dominate but may complicate the makeup of the European Parliament - and with it the new presidencies of the European Commission, the European Council and the European Central Bank
- Coronavirus: markets take fright – what lies ahead?
- Market falls – lessons learned from past crises
- Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 24 February
- Janet Mui: weekly economic update 21 February
- COP26: Pressure growing for step change in climate policy
- Economic infographic: A view of the global economy in February 2020
This article is issued by Cazenove Capital which is part of the Schroders Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. Limited, 1 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
This document may include forward-looking statements that are based upon our current opinions, expectations and projections. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements.
All data contained within this document is sourced from Cazenove Capital unless otherwise stated.