Strategy & economics
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 24 February
- Markets are again concerned about the spread of the coronavirus as both Italy and South Korea saw a sharp uptick in in cases.
- Equity markets have fallen in Asia this morning, and futures are pointing towards a similar fall in Europe and the US later today.
- Last week's flash February Purchasing Manager's Indices pointed to weakness in the US and a slightly more resilient outcome in the UK and Europe: this was the first data point that could have been impacted by the coronavirus. Markets will be watching closely the surveys that come out over the next few weeks.
- Coronavirus: markets take fright – what lies ahead?
- Coronavirus and markets – our latest views
- A note from our Chief Executive, Mary-Anne Daly, about COVID-19
- Market falls – lessons learned from past crises
- UK Budget 2020: Chancellor signals "whatever it takes" support
- Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 9 March
This article is issued by Cazenove Capital which is part of the Schroders Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. Limited, 1 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
This document may include forward-looking statements that are based upon our current opinions, expectations and projections. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements.
All data contained within this document is sourced from Cazenove Capital unless otherwise stated.