Strategy & economics
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 29 April
Earnings and other data shows growth remains resilient, but volatility is ticking up in major markets
- Last week’s strong US data indicated positive but slowing growth
- Top line growth is resilient in the EU and US, but this is not so much the case in Japan
- Many markets looking tired and volatility is ticking up across all major markets
- This week US trade representatives are in Beijing to continue discussions with the aim of reaching a draft agreement by the end of May
- Range of data due this week including Eurozone inflation and growth figures and US payroll data on Friday
This article is issued by Cazenove Capital which is part of the Schroders Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. Limited, 1 London Wall Place, London EC2Y 5AU. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Nothing in this document should be deemed to constitute the provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of an investment and the income from it may go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
This document may include forward-looking statements that are based upon our current opinions, expectations and projections. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements.
All data contained within this document is sourced from Cazenove Capital unless otherwise stated.