Changing the way we report to you
We are making improvements to the way that we report, helping you find the information you want when you want it.
Reporting to you
The familiar thud on the doormat of the quarterly report from your charity investment manager. Pages and pages of facts, figures and opinions. Both managers and trustees spend a lot of time writing and reading these missives. But how useful are they really?
Here are a few observations:
- Our current written investment reports range from 20 to 40 pages – these are in addition to the valuations. Which means trustees might be trying to digest over 50 pages of information per quarter.
- On average our quarterly report production takes 3 weeks
- Over the last two quarters the global equity market has moved an average of 8% over those three weeks, rendering the information out of date
- Valuations and performance statistics for each client portfolio are available daily via eServices.
- Only a quarter of our investment reports which are sent via secure link are actually viewed
- Most investment committees meet six monthly or annually
- Our research "Time and Money" highlighted the dangers of quarterly noise distracting from long term investing
Over the coming months we are moving to a new way of reporting, and have invested in technology to ensure we are delivering the information that you want.
- The numbers: updated every day on our eServices platform. Including asset statements, performance, transactions and cashflow information; in a format that can be customised and downloaded – which we know you find particularly useful for audits and management accounting.
- The words: streamlined quarterly written reports drawing out key valuation and performance information and including a summary of our views. Available shortly after the quarter end, these are designed to be timely and easily digestible. This is alongside our monthly market update email, with links to news and views specifically curated for charity investors.
- The pictures: comprehensive in person presentations to fit your investment committee meeting timetable. Focused on the things that matter to you, to help you make the best decisions.
- The people: drawing on the expertise of your team, available to answer your questions whenever they arise
Our clients are at the centre of all that we do, and we’re pleased that we are able to offer tailored reporting to meet your individual needs and organisational rhythm.
The opinions contained herein are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the house view. This document is intended to be for information purposes only. The material is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument. The material is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, accounting, legal or tax advice, or investment recommendations. Information herein is believed to be reliable but Cazenove Capital does not warrant its completeness or accuracy. No responsibility can be accepted for errors of fact or opinion. This does not exclude or restrict any duty or liability that Cazenove Capital has to its customers under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended from time to time) or any other regulatory system. Cazenove Capital is part of the Schroder Group and a trading name of Schroder & Co. Limited 12 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6DA. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. For your security, communications may be taped and monitored.