Training & workshops
26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4AG
Introduction to charity finance and reporting
This event has ended
Cazenove Charities has partnered with Chartered accountants haysmacintyre and charity lawyers, Farrer and Co to bring a series of training events to charity trustees to complement our existing programme.
This series provides comprehensive training for new trustees covering a range of essential topics including a charity law update and an introduction to charity finance and reporting as well as full and half day sessions on "What every trustee should know".
The programme enables trustees to pick and choose the courses most pertinent. Many of the courses will also be useful for charity chief executives, finance directors and other members of the senior management team.
There is a charge of £30 to attend this event.
During this session we will:
- Examine the roles and responsibilities for finance
- What makes charity accounts so different to commercial accounts
- Understand the terminology used and the different accounting treatments that apply
- Explore what you as trustees should expect to receive in your management information packs during the year to effectively monitor the financial operation of your charity
- Review the regulation that charities need to comply with
- Discuss the key reporting challenges
- Discuss how to make best use of your annual report and accounts as a public facing document and fundraising tool
- Looking at the changes brought about by the new Charity SORP
- Managing risk within finance and considering the governance of financial risk
13.30 Registration and refreshments
14.00 Session commences
16.45 Questions and answers
To find out more information click here.
Date and Venue
26 Red Lion Square, London , WC1R 4AG