Caspar Rock weekly video
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead
- The S&P500 reached another all-time high last week and European stocks also ended the week higher.
- Emerging market currencies and markets slipped back, influenced by continuing disturbances in Hong Kong.
- This week brings the preliminary November PMI figures for the US, Japan and eurozone, with markets seeking further signs that the slowdown has bottomed out.
- On the political front we have TV debates on both sides of the Atlantic: Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn on Tuesday; and on Wednesday, in the US, the Democratic candidates will slug it out, with all eyes on Senator Warren.
- The pound rose last week as polls showed a strengthening Conservative lead. The number of “undecided” respondents remains high.