Caspar Rock weekly video
Caspar Rock: Monday markets - the week ahead on 30 September
- Equity markets were lower following suggestions late last week that the US was considering capital controls against China: a subsequent US Treasury note denied such moves were being considered “at this time”.
- Europe’s weaker data came under the spotlight.
- This week markets will be watching more global PMI data releases and US employment figures due on Friday.
- Chinese markets will be closed for a week from tomorrow (1 October).
- In the UK, opposition parties consider their next moves after last week’s Supreme Court ruling, with sterling lower as markets struggle to predict outcomes.