Training & workshops
Schroders, 31 Gresham St, London, EC2V 7QA
What every trustee should know
This event has ended
Cazenove Charities has partnered with chartered accountants haysmacintyre and charity lawyers, Farrer and Co to bring a series of training events to charity trustees to complement our existing programme.
This series provides comprehensive training for experienced trustees covering a range of essential topics including a charity law update and an introduction to charity finance and reporting as well as full and half day sessions on "What every trustee should know".
The programme enables trustees to pick and choose the courses most pertinent. Many of the courses will also be useful for charity chief executives, finance directors and other members of the senior management team.
There is a charge of £75 to attend this event.
What information do you need as a trustee and what are your legal responsibilities? This session will provide a comprehensive summary of trustees’ duties and responsibilities and will cover issues such as:
- The framework within which charities operate:
- the legal structures used by charities, the regulation of charities, the role of the Charity Commission and the public benefit requirement
- Trustees’ duties, responsibilities and potential liabilities, and the role of the chairperson
- Responsibilities for identifying and managing risk
- Charity accounting: the accounting and reporting framework, unravelling the jargon, preparation of accounts, ensuring you receive the right financial information, the role of trustees and audit committee
- Charity funds, investments and banking
- Fundraising: the ground rules, the role of professionals and corporate support
- Trading: the ground rules and the use of subsidiary companies
- Recent regulatory developments
- Governance best practice
09:30 Registration and refreshments
10:00 Session commences
13:00 Lunch and networking opportunity
13:45 Session recommences
16:30 Questions and answers
Date and Venue
Schroders, 31 Gresham St, London , EC2V 7QA