Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is an initiative introduced by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). The main purpose of the initiative is to 'pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly'.
As an independent firm of integrity, we are firmly committed to the principles of TCF. We have built our reputation over 180 years by having the well-being of our clients as the central purpose of our business. We aim to provide our clients with investments which meet their requirements and offer a value added service.
The six outcomes
In 2006, the FSA published six TCF outcomes to create a fairer and more effective financial services industry:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint
If you would like more information about the TCF initiative, please call us on 0800 015 9592 or visit the FSA website